The Music Students Service League is looking for new officers for the 2020-2021 school year. Even if you previously or currently hold an officer position, please re-apply to be re-considered for an officer position.
The available positions are:
Vice President: assists the President with general projects, holds role in general administrative tasks
Secretary: signs volunteer forms for members and guests, create and print programs for all performances, takes minutes at officer meetings
Historian: takes photos at each event for publication on our website, takes attendance of all members and guests at each performance/event
Public Relations and Fundraising Officer: assists with organizing members in fundraising efforts and contacting MSSL partners
To apply as an officer, you must meet these requirements:
- You must have been a MSSL member for at least one full school year up to date.
- You must be an incoming 8th grader or older.
- You must currently be under the instruction of a music teacher that is a member of the Contra Costa Music Teachers Association of California (MTAC).
Please take note: As officers, you are not only responsible for your individual leadership roles but you must also fundraise at least $50 for donations to Katie’s Clinic of USCF Benioff Children’s Hospital at least once a year. All officers must be committed to actively attend and participate in performances and fundraisers.
If you are interested in becoming an officer, please answer the following questions and email your responses to email@example.com by 11:59 PM on Sunday, July 19st, 2020.
- What position(s) are you applying for?
- What is the name of your current music teacher(s) that is a member of Contra Costa MTAC?
- Why are you applying to become an officer in MSSL? Be specific.
- How, as an officer, would you improve our nonprofit’s ability to serve underprivileged communities? Offer specifics.
Officer positions will be announced via email by Sunday, July 26th, 2020. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!